- What we collect and how we collect it
The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable. You generally have the option of interacting with us anonymously or using a pseudonym, however in some instances this may prevent us from being able to provide you with products and services, for an example where you place an order for products online. The types of personal information we collect and use information depending on your interaction and transactions with us, including:
General: What we collect
- Contact name and details
- Payment and transaction information including type, bank and credit card details etc
- Delivery address or collection details
- Your location details through your smart phone or device
- Website and technical information ie browser, websites visited, IP address, user and system preferences, device type etc transaction, product, services and activity details of purchases, preferences and interactions
- Details regarding participation in the Time+Tide Club Program
- Details of your communications and interactions with us
General: How we collect
- When you visit the Time+Tide watches website and related websites (ie Time+Tide Marketplace) and social media platforms.
- Social media platforms
- Make a purchase or place an order
- Join the Time+TideClub
- Request a watch service where we collect Personal Information.
- Leave products for assessment or repair
- Attend a Time+Tide Watches function or event
- Enter a competition or complete a survey
- Send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback
- Participate in a promotion, competition, or survey
- When you join a mailing list or subscribe with Time+Tide via Youtube, Facebook or Instagram
- Post a review, rating or comment on our social media pages, or other user generated content on one of our websites or Apps
Loyalty: What we collect
- Membership details including your name, contact details, date of birth, gender, country and any other information you provide as part of your application or
- registration (and the same information about your Additional Cardholder)
- Transaction details including what you purchased, payment information, where you shopped and your product preferences
- Your location details through your smart phone or device
- Name and email address of reward or gift card recipients
Loyalty: How we collect
- When you join the Time+Tide Watches Club
- When you use or visit the Time+Tide Watches website, Time+Tide Watches Marketplace or social media platforms.
We may monitor and record your communications with us for security, dispute resolution, and training purposes.
1.1 Collection of personal information by third parties
- Why we collect personal information We collect your personal information to provide, administer, improve and personalise our products and services, and to support our business functions, including:
- to provide you with products and services including any associated loyalty program or credit card services
- to improve our service operations to enhance your customer experience
- to manage and work with our service providers to fulfil your request for products and services such as processing transactions and payments, delivering products and services, providing refunds and discounts to register and service your account and keeping your information up‐to‐date, and verifying your identity.
- to communicate with you and perform research and statistical analysis, such as customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes, tailor products and promotional offers to you, usage behaviour and user experience for online and digital platforms to improve functionality and usability. This may include matching information we collect against other information held by third parties, partners and sellers that you have consented to share your information with (We may also use and disclose de-identified data for these purposes).
- to conduct investigative, fraud and loss prevention activities to protect Time+Tide Watches’ interests including protection of our stores, staff, customers, suppliers and merchandise (including theft and fraud prevention)
- to respond to your query, feedback or concerns
- responding to and interacting with regulatory bodies and relevant government agencies
- general planning and administration, and as other required or permitted by law
- We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
- Direct marketing, tech advertising and opting out By providing your address, email address and contact number to Time+Tide Watches or its related parties and partners, you consent to Time+Tide Watches contacting you for the purposes set out above. We may send this information in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS and telephone. If we send you direct marketing or send you electronic marketing messages based on your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, you may, at any time, withdraw your consent or opt-out by:
- contacting our Time+Tide Watches by phone on 0468 954 226.
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages (eg email, SMS or MMS) to opt out of receiving those messages
- Adjust the permissions and notifications on your smartphone or device to stop notifications and to opt-out from allowing Time+Tide Watches mobile applications to access your device’s camera, microphone or location information
- contacting our Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com, or by writing to the Privacy Officer, Time+Tide Watches Pty Ltd, PO Box 7031 Melbourne Vic 3004.
- Sharing your personal information We work with a number of suppliers that provide us with services to fulfil your request or carry out specific functions on our behalf, including:
- contracted or approved third party service providers or contractors to provide you with products or services requested by you or may be of interest to you, to process your payment, to communicate offers and promotions to you, and for product development and product, service and market research
- approved technology services including application and systems, cloud computing facilities, development and technical support, processing, storing, hosting, research and to analyse data
- retail brands, suppliers and sellers who provide products and services within the Time+Tide Marketplace and where products and services are provided on our behalf
- business advisors, including lawyers, accountants, insurance, recruitment advisors and agencies, auditors or other professional service providers to the extent reasonably required
regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with applicable laws or respond to valid legal process such as a search warrant, a court order or a subpoena and fraud management Some of our trusted service providers such as technology or data storage providers may be located outside of Australia including Japan, Singapore, India, Hong Kong, the Philippines, the United States of America and other countries or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to Time+Tide Watches.
Protection of personal information Personal information we hold can be in electronic or hard copy form, both onsite at a Time+Tide Watches premises or with our trusted service provider. Any trusted service provider must observe and meet our information security requirements to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or unapproved alteration of, personal information. In addition we have a number of security controls in place and use a range of resources, process and technology controls to protect your personal information. While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online. You disclose that information at your own risk. You should be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. You can also help protect your personal information by keeping your account details confidential, access is limited and encourage you to use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and log out after use. If you become aware of unauthorised access, please let us know as soon as practicable. 5.1 Third party sites We may display advertisements from third parties and other content that links to third-party websites. Links to third party sites that are not operated or controlled by Time+Tide Watches are provided for your convenience. If you click on a third-party advertisement or link, you are leaving Time+Tide Watches and any personal information you provide will not be covered by this Policy and Time+Tide Watches is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of those sites. Third party websites should have their own privacy and security policies, which we encourage you to read before supplying any personal information to them.
Access and Correction 6.1 Access If you would access to personal information we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer. We will generally provide you with access to your personal information subject to some exceptions permitted by law. When making an access request, please provide as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us retrieve the information. We may ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make, this includes providing us satisfactory proof of identity as determined by us. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act or will contact you directly to seek your permission. We may charge a reasonable fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you. 6.2 Correction If you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful. You should ensure that all personal information submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested. A record of the changes made to your personal information may be noted in your account or filing. You acknowledge that there may be circumstances where Time+Tide Watches is entitled to assume such accuracy and completeness and reserves the right to not correct personal information, where permitted under relevant laws.
Mail: Privacy Officer, Time+Tide Watches Pty Ltd, PO Box 7031 Melbourne VIC 3004.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org We may ask you to submit your complaint in writing. We may discuss and share your complaint with our staff and our service providers and others as required and appropriate. All complaints received by the Privacy Officer will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all the circumstances of the complaint. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated and a response generally provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, we will contact you and advise you of this.